COVID-19 Small Business Resources
- A SBDC COVID-19 Response Guide - Federal, State and Regional Support
- SBA Offers Disaster Assistance to California Small Businesses Economically Impacted by the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The U.S. Small Business Administration is offering low-interest federal disaster loans for working capital to California small businesses suffering substantial economic injury as a result of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Read more.
- COVID-19 FAQs on Laws Enforced by the California Labor Commissioner's Office
- Disaster Unemployment Assistance Fact Sheet
- ICIC: Small Business Resource Center
- Facebook Small Business Grants Program
- Google pledges $800+ million to support small businesses and crisis response
- CA has waived the one-week waiting period for those unemployed or disabled as a result of COVID-19
- Payroll Tax Deferral
Employers experiencing a hardship as a result of COVID-19 may request up to a 60-day extension of time from the EDD to file their state payroll reports and/or deposit state payroll taxes without penalty or interest. A written request for extension must be received within 60 days from the original delinquent date of the payment or return. Learn more.
- Pace Women's Business Development Center - Get assistance in the following languages: Spanish, Chinese, Cambodian, Thai, Korean, Vietnamese, French, Hindi and Malaysian.
- Los Angeles County America's Job Centers of California
- SCORE: Free, federally-funded organization that provides mentoring to small businesses. They offer mentoring calls/video chats, online education, and weekly webinars. Mentors are available to provide guidance to small business owners to identify funding sources, readying financial statements and information for application, how to best use loan, next steps and alternate sources of funding if denied.
- Public Counsel is offering free legal services to child care providers, small businesses or nonprofits serving low income communities that need legal help due to COVID-19. They can potentially help them understand their employment obligations, whether they qualify for any loans/grants from the federal/state/local governments, whether they need to pay rent if their business was impacted by COVID, whether they can charge tuition while closed. For more information, contact Ritu Mahajan.
- IRS Tax Filing and Payment Deadlines Q&A - As of April 9, 2020
- FAQ on COVID-19 Business Interruption Insurance
- Facebook Small Business Grants
- Facebook Small Business Grants - Spanish
- LISC Small Business Relief Grant Application - Offering grants of up to $10,000 each to small business owners to help meet their most immediate needs. APPLY BEFORE TUESDAY, APRIL 28 AT 8:59PM PST