- AltaMed has expanded their care with "outdoor assessment" areas to triage patients. With these Evaluation Centers, members of the community do not need to seek medical support at large hospitals, but rather, they may use clinics to access the care they need. To initiate a visit to an AltaMed Outdoor Evaluation Area, please call their Patient Service Center at (888)-499-9303 toll free or (562)205-4390. This initial call will determine if patients should stay home or if their condition warrants a visit for evaluation. Please note that COVID-19 testing is also available to those at risk in the City of Los Angeles. More information is available at corona-virus.la.
- California Health & Human Services (CHHS) Guidelines
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) Steps to Prevent Illness
- California Department of Public Health Gathering Guidelines
- Dignity Health Offers Free COVID-19 Virtual Care Tool
The virtual visit is free of charge to anyone experiencing mild to moderate symptoms of COVID-19 using code "COVID19." Learn more.
- City of L.A. offers limited testing to high-risk city residents
- Covered California waives co-pays for COVID-19 tests, opens special enrollment period
- Asian American, Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander In-Language Resources on COVID-19
- Metropolitan Water District COVID-19 and drinking water FAQs in English and Spanish
- Medical Sheltering, 211, Incident Report & Social Media Toolkit
The Safer at Work and in the Community Health Officer Order requires that all businesses adhere to posted public health protocols including those related to social distancing and other industry specific protocols which can be found at http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/media/Coronavirus/.
In addition, all businesses are required to report to public health if they identify more than 3 cases of COVID-19 in the workplace within a span of 14 days. This cluster of cases must be reported to either of the following phone numbers: 888.397.3993 or 213.240.7821. Public Health will in turn initiate a cluster response which includes providing infection control guidance and recommendations, technical support and site specific control measures. A public health case manager will also be assigned to the cluster investigation to help guide the facility in its response.
Public Health offers a variety of other resources available at the link noted above such as posters for customers outlining physical distancing and infection control mandates, guidance on how to respond to a single case of COVID in the workplace, and how to do employee or visitor screenings prior to entry to the worksite.
Information regarding how to deal with non-compliant customers will be shared once it becomes available.